Kurt V. Beasley is the founding Partner of Waterford Law Group. Having started his career as a CPA and banker, Kurt anchors his multi-faceted legal practice in a wealth of financial knowledge and business acumen. The result is over 25 years of experience providing clients with innovative and efficient representation in a variety of areas, including corporate structure, merger & acquisition counsel, corporate litigation, author management and representation, and tax-exempt and nonprofit organization. Kurt’s practice also includes advance asset protection, tax and estate planning.
In addition to co-organizing PrimeTrust Bank (now Pinnacle Financial Partners) and being a long-standing member of Wealth Counsel, Kurt has successfully argued cases before the Tennessee state courts, and the Court of Appeals. He has been an advocate for the exercise of First Amendment Rights and has argued for those rights before the U.S. Federal Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (Settle v. Dickson County Board of Education). Kurt has also tried numerous other business and individual cases, ranging from employee contracts to land disputes, as well as practiced before the Federal Administrative Law Court as an expert in complex utility tax cases.
The son of a circuit preacher, Kurt is actively involved in various charitable organizations and ministries. He is the founder and director of the nationally recognized The Waterford Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and he also sits on the board of several organizations, including Narrow Gate Foundation, Lead, Read, Live Foundation and Send Musicians to Prison. He is a church elder, ordained minister and has taught and participated in mission efforts to China, Thailand, Africa, Haiti, Mexico, Central America and Central Asia as well as inner-city Nashville, Tennessee and various jails and prisons. Kurt and his wife, Tereasa, reside in Franklin, TN and have three children and four grandchildren.
Juris Doctor, Nashville School of Law (Nashville, TN)
Certified Public Accountant
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Tennessee (Martin, TN)
Graduate of the Tennessee School of Banking at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Tennessee State Bar
- U.S. Federal Bar – Middle District Tennessee
- Founder of Waterford Law Group, PLLC
- Member of WealthCounsel
- Founder & Executive Director of The Waterford Foundation
- Co-Organizer of PrimeTrust Bank (now Pinnacle Financial Partners), Nashville, TN
- Present & Past Board Member – The Waterford Foundation, Narrow Gate Foundation, Lead, Read, Live Foundation, Search Ministries, Deer Run Retreat Center, Provision International, Franklin Christian Academy, and Youth With a Mission
- Past Member and Barrister with the American Inns of Court, Past Chairman of Deacons the Peoples Church, Franklin, Tennessee and past member of the IRB Meharry Medical College
- Elder - Grace Chapel