Brent C. Gray has an extensive background in intellectual property matters, with years of experience handling intricate trademark and copyright protection matters for corporate and individual clients. He also specializes in the area of estate planning, where his practice includes wills, insurance arrangements and living trusts.
From negotiating book publishing agreements for best-selling authors, to navigating the complexities of recording contracts and publishing agreements for award-winning musicians, Brent brings a unique understanding of the nuances of intellectual property issues.
Brent grew up as a “PK” (pastor’s kid) and is an avid music-lover and musician, having played drums and percussion for over 25 years. A member of Wealth Counsel, Brent also sits on the board of Solo Parent Society, a ministry intended to empower and inspire solo parents, and the Cottonwood Homeowners Association, and has served as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Cumberland University. In his free time, Brent enjoys coaching soccer and spending time with his wife, Tammi, and their two children, Sadie and Jack.
- Juris Doctor, University of Memphis (Memphis, TN)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and Economics, University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Tennessee State Bar
- Admitted to practice before all Courts in the State of Tennessee
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Cumberland University
- IP attorney for national retail manufacturer and distributor
- Recipient of best brief and semifinalist at the Wagner Labor Law National Moot Court Competition
- Recipient of the CALI award for academic excellence in Torts and Income Tax
- Recipient of the Jerome L. Rosengarten Memorial Scholarship
- Recipient of the Humphreys Fellowship
- Pupil member of the Leo S. Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court
- Judicial Extern for Federal District Court Magistrate Judge Diane Vescovo